I Found My Dream Saddle! - HDR Carmel Jumping Saddle Review

Review - HDR Carmel Jumping Saddle


Seller Description: Nicely suited for those who prefer a deeper, padded seat, the HDR Carmel Jumping Saddle pleases foxhunters and eventers alike. The generous, forward flap has a grippy molded knee pad and a rear block to help keep your leg secure and in the proper position. In rich, dark Havana covered leather with contrast stitching for added style. Foam panels.


             I bought this saddle on statelinetack.com after a long long search. I am 5'11 and long from hip to knee so finding a saddle that didn't make my thigh go over the flap has proven to be extremely difficult. This HDR features a forward flap perfect for tall riders or jumpers. There are also thigh and knee blocks that are very prominent. Despite of their size the blocks are actually very comfortable as the whole saddle seems to be padded. At first glance I could tell that the saddle is a rich Havana chocolate color with white contrast stitching. This is a truly beautiful saddle that can be used in shows. I bought this saddle in Size 18 Regular tree which seems to fit the Warmblood I ride just fine with a little padding. The under flap shows the saddle is a 2.5 fit which means that the saddle has a longer than average flap and a forward design. Upon measuring the Flap is just over 16 inches. 
             Naturally the saddle did not come with leathers or stirrups. The leathers seen in this picture are Collegiate Havana Half Hole leathers measuring 60''. The stirrups are a no brand flex stirrups I bought from Ebay. The Collegiate leathers came stiff and unfortunately the holes are not numbered which makes adjustment a bit difficult. I am confident, however that with some use the leathers will stretch and wear in. 
            I have only ridden in this saddle once so far but I am in love with its deep, secure seat and comfort even on the most bumpy of horses. When the saddle arrived it had the broken in feel many new saddles don't acquire until months of use. It also arrived complete with an HDR saddle cover. Overall I would definitely recommend this saddle to anyone who is on the budget, tall like me, or a hunter jumper. 

Saddle Price: On Sale $671.95 (originally $995.95)
Collegiate Leathers: $59.95
Flex Stirrups: $ 28.95



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book Review: The Husband's Secret

Long Time no See + Great News!!!