Long Time no See + Great News!!!

Hi Again!!!!!

Long time no see. I took a break from writing this blog as there have been many things in happening in my life over the past month that required a lot of my time. First and foremost I have finished my A&P I class with an A while maintaining one full time and two part time jobs AND riding one to twice a week. *Insert exhausted emoticon here* 😤

As for riding I have been doing more work with Baron finally getting him to respect my cues. I know I haven't posted much about Baron yet so here it goes. Baron is a 16 hand 17 year old, ex-dressage Gray Warmblood. He is a lesson horse at the stables I'm currently at.

I'm very excited to be riding him because I feel like he allows me to get back to the basics. His cool temper allows me to focus more on my composure and less on freaking out and hoping to god I won't fall. I have had my share of really bad falls and injuries in the past and at 22 I can longer afford to be getting hurt and being out of commission.

Over the past month I was also toying with the idea of buying a horse. I really wanted it to be something I can finally do but after much research into cost and discussion with my Husband and parents we have decided we are in no position to be buying right now - especially with me being in Nursing School and all. I then was toying with the idea of Leasing off-site (at my stables) and even found a horse that that was up for a 1 year lease while the owner studied in France, however after looking into the horse it turned out he had joint issues and other little quirks that would have put me severely over budget.

This brings me to the really good news that I wanted to share. I spoke with my trainer and she agreed to lease me Baron for the time being while I get more comfortable in the saddle and jumping. The ultimate goal is to transition me into a larger lease of one of the border horses at the stables. Starting now I will officially be leasing Baron 1 day a week and then adding on some lessons on top of the lease so that I can continue to improve.


























I will try my best to post more updates and pictures/videos of my progress soon...!

Comments

  1. That sounds like a great idea!! I hope the lease goes well for you :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Book Review: The Husband's Secret

Thoughts on Media, Objectification and Eating Disorders.